Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I just wanted to take a moment this evening to let you know that I recently finished one of the largest paintings I have ever done – “Spring at Crawford Notch.” The painting is oil on canvas and the size is 48” x 36” (~53” x ~41” framed size). The scene is showing the view from the valley looking towards the White Mountains.

I have wanted to paint this view for 5 years and was finally able to accomplish this goal! I hope you enjoy seeing this piece!


Crawford Notch is such a beautiful place, that I will probably plan to do some other paintings of this area at some point in the future. For now I would like to show you another smaller painting I did in 2007-2008 of this Notch – however, this view is looking from the White Mountains down into the valley – “Autumn at Crawford Notch” - Acrylic on gesso board 36”x12” (39”x15” framed size).

If you would like to see a larger image, please click on the name of the paintings below:
Spring at Crawford Notch
Autumn at Crawford Notch

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me.

1 comment:

Leslie Saeta said...

Wow ... 48" x 36" is huge! I am still in the "small" painting rut so I am very impressed. Spring at Crawford Notch is really nice ... I love your colors. Glad to have found you!